January is probably one of my favorite months. We just had the holidays and all the joy that family and rest brings, but getting back to a structured schedule and new goals seems to be more restful for me than anything.
Today I wanted to share 5 things that I am doing this month to help move my business forward:
- Creating and using a Sunday Basket. I’ve followed Lisa Woodruff at Organize 365.com for a few years now, mainly on her podcast. The Sunday Basket is her solution for all of the paper and tasks that seem to be very overwhelming. I’m loving her new podcast for just the Sunday Basket! Already this week I am seeing more progress and goals hit by using this system.
- Speaking of Podcasts… there are several that I am behind on and need to catch up with! A few of my favorites are: Business Boutique, Smart Passive Income, That Sounds Fun, Organize 365, The Biz Chix Podcast, and Startup Camp. This moves my business forward because I get so many great ideas and best practices from these experience entrepreneurs. And who doesn’t love free content? 🙂
- EA Test 1. One of my long term (ok, next year) business goals is to do taxes for sole proprietors and LLC’s. To do this, I want to have a certification called the Enrolled Agent. It’s not as difficult as passing the CPA exam, and not as well known. Hopefully, if I pass, you will some information about a few tax services in 2019!
- Back to school. I am in the middle of a MBA program at Pensacola Christian College right now and loving it so far! Well, statistics was pretty rough, but we won’t go there. I go back later this month to start Economics and Finance and can’t wait to learn more about business!
- On those lines of learning new things, I am really hoping to have my podcast up and running soon! The technical side is all that’s missing right now, as well as planning out the content. The content will not be based on accounting, although I do have an idea for a podcast about that, but it will be about what I am learning through the MBA program. It will be broken up into ‘seasons.’ Season 1 will be all about Marketing and Season 2 will be all about Technology.
Okay, I have one more and this was just a way for me to keep my sanity! Yesterday, I made a list of all of the resources that I have purchased or signed up for. Books, QuickBooks Versions, Memberships, Trainings, Website Domains, Affiliate, Advertising, Bank Accounts, Desktop Programs, Subscriptions, Podcast info etc. I got a notification the other day that $20 came out of my PayPal account for Constant Contact. I had completely forgotten that I had signed up for it and worse, I haven’t used it at all in the last month! I’m putting this list in my Sunday Basket and will hopefully not have things fall through the cracks anymore. You can look at the Resources Tab to find a few of my favorites!
I hope your January is productive and successful 🙂